- 500g strong white flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 7g sachet fast action dried yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus a little extra for kneading
- 350ml tepid water
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 mozzarella pearls
- 4 rosemary stems, cut into 2cm sprigs
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil for drizzling
- Grease the baking trays.
- Place the flour, salt, yeast, oil and water into a large bowl and mix together to form a dough then continue kneading by hand in the bowl for 10 minutes. The dough will be quite wet and very soft.
- Tip the dough onto an oiled surface and continue kneading for a further 5 minutes, do not use flour as this will make the dough hard. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover with oiled clingfilm and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Tip the dough out and divide in half. Flatten each half into a baking tray, pushing the dough to the corners. Cover with oiled clingfilm and leave to prove in a warm place for 1 hour or until well risen.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, press holes in the dough at regular intervals in rows about 4cm apart. Make sure the holes reach to the base of the tin.
- Fill the holes with the tomato, mozzarella and rosemary sprigs, sprinkle the dough with the sea salt and drizzle with the oil. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the focaccia is well risen and golden brown.
Tomato & Poppy Seed Mini Loaves
Hot Cross Bun Loaf
Easter Bunny Bread Rolls
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®
Hot Dog Buns
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Pressure-Cooked Cheddar, Leek & Spring Onion Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding