- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7g / 1 sachet easy-blend dried yeast
- 250g plain white flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 180ml warm water
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp coarsely crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 150g pitted black olives
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Put the yeast, flour and salt in a food processor mixer bowl. In a jug, mix the olive oil with the water. Turn on the food processor (use the dough hook), then pour in the oil and water mixture.
- When combined, remove the dough from the bowl and, by hand, knead in a little extra flour for about 2 minutes. (If not using a food processor, knead by hand for a total of 12 minutes.)
- Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover and leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size. This will take around 50 minutes.
- Pat down the dough, then stretch into a rectangle about 30 x 20cm. Transfer to an oiled baking sheet and prod the surface with your fingers to form dimples.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon zest and juice, garlic, rosemary, pepper and 1/2 tsp of the salt, then pour over the dough. Press the olives into the dimples and leave the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Brush liberally with olive oil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºC/400ºF for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the remaining salt.