- 500ml milk kefir
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 350g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Whisk together the kefir, egg, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into another bowl and mix together. Add the kefir mix to the flour mix and stir together to make a thick batter. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Add enough oil to a non-stick frying pan to cover the bottom up to 1cm deep. Heat on a medium setting and, once the oil is hot, use a large spoon to add scoops of batter to the oil. Fry until golden brown, then flip carefully using a spatula – the pancakes will start to puff up as soon as they’re flipped.
- Fry on the other side until the batter is firm and cooked all the way through.
Tip: Serve with crème fraiche, a drizzle of honey and fresh raspberries.
Orange Blossom & Almond Polenta Cake
Vegan Rustic Ribollita
Vegan Pad Thai Jay with Lime and Sesame
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Vegan Blackcurrant Energy Bars
Gluten Free White Chocolate & Blackcurrant Muffins
Gluten, Dairy & Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Cookies
Gluten-Free Cheese & Garlic Tear & Share Bread