- 175g (6oz) butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 150g (5oz) demerara sugar
- 225g (8oz) porridge oats
- A good pinch of salt
- Put the butter, syrup and sugar in the base of the Remoska and heat gently until the butter has melted by putting the lid on and switching on. When the butter has melted, stir together, using a wooden spoon, then stir in the porridge oats and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Pat the mixture down with the back of the wooden spoon to evenly cover the base, smoothing over the top. Put the lid on, switch on and cook for 20 minutes, when it will be a rich golden brown colour. Switch off and remove the lid, leaving the flapjack to cool in the base for about 15 minutes.
- Then ease around the sides with a non-stick spatula and tip the flapjack out and leave to cool completely. Cut into 12 pieces with a sharp knife.