- 8.8/11.6oz (250/330g) classic pizza dough
- 4-5 tbsp classic pizza sauce
- 1 courgette, slices into long strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2.1oz (60g) fior di latte cheese
- Pinch flaked sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare your pizza dough ahead of time. Our guide to making the perfect Classic Pizza Dough covers everything you need to know.
- For the sauce for this pizza, we recommend preparing our easy Classic Pizza Sauce. With a hint of garlic, salt and basil, it’s the ideal pizza sauce that will help to bring out the flavors in the other ingredients used here.
- Fire up your Ooni pizza oven. Aim for 952˚F (500˚C) on the stone baking board inside. You can check the temperature inside your Ooni quickly and easily using the Ooni Infrared Thermometer.
- Lay your strips of courgette out and rub in a little olive oil, then season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place your Ooni cast iron pan inside the oven to preheat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, add your strips of courgette to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the courgette is soft and charred slightly. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Using a small amount of flour, dust your Ooni pizza peel. Stretch the pizza dough ball out and lay it out on your pizza peel. With a large spoon or ladle, spread an even layer of your sauce over the base of the pizza. Top with strips of fior di latte cheese, then lay the flame cooked courgette on top. Finish with a handful of cherry tomatoes.
- Slide the pizza off the peel and into your oven. Cook for 1-2 minutes, making sure to turn the pizza regularly to ensure an even cook. Retrieve the cooked pizza and season with salt and pepper. Serve right away!
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Ooni’s Perfect Flame-Cooked Steak
Ooni’s Umami Ribeye Steaks with Honey Butter Asparagus