- 500g fettuccini
- 8 cloves garlic, quartered
- 30g loosely packed, chopped fresh basil
- 120g rocket, chopped coarsely
- 160ml olive oil
- 40g finely grated parmesan cheese (or vegetarian parmesan)
- 3 medium tomatoes (570g), chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 fresh red thai chillies, sliced thinly
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender drain.
- Meanwhile, blend or process garlic, basil, rocket and oil to a smooth paste.
- Combine pasta, rocket pesto, cheese, tomato, juice and chilli in large saucepan cook, stirring, until hot. Add nuts toss gently to combine.
Tip: You could substitute baby spinach leaves for the rocket to give a milder flavoured pesto.