- 500g fettuccini
- 8 cloves garlic, quartered
- 30g loosely packed, chopped fresh basil
- 120g rocket, chopped coarsely
- 160ml olive oil
- 40g finely grated parmesan cheese (or vegetarian parmesan)
- 3 medium tomatoes (570g), chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 fresh red thai chillies, sliced thinly
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender drain.
- Meanwhile, blend or process garlic, basil, rocket and oil to a smooth paste.
- Combine pasta, rocket pesto, cheese, tomato, juice and chilli in large saucepan cook, stirring, until hot. Add nuts toss gently to combine.
Tip: You could substitute baby spinach leaves for the rocket to give a milder flavoured pesto.
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Basic Pasta Recipe | How To Make Pasta From Scratch