- 200g strong plain flour, plus extra to dust
- 1 egg
- 3 eggs yolks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g peeled prawns
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 140ml single cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- To make the pasta, mix the flour with the egg and yolks, olive oil and salt. If too dry, sprinkle with a little water if too sticky, add a little flour. Divide the dough into four equal portions, wrap in clingfilm and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a pasta machine, gradually roll each piece until you have thin sheets of pasta, dusting the pasta with flour if needed between each pass through the machine.
- Attach the fettucine cutter to your pasta machine, roll the pasta through it and then hang the pasta strips to dry on a rack for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- To cook, place the fettucine in boiling water for approx. 4 minutes.
- To make the sauce, put the olive oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat, add the prawns, garlic, chilli, lemon zest and tomatoes and fry for a couple of minutes. Carefully add the brandy don’t worry if it flames, it will only last a few seconds.
- Add the cream, allow to simmer gently for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Season the sauce to taste and add the lemon juice.
- Stir into hot, cooked pasta, sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan and serve immediately.
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Basic Pasta Recipe | How To Make Pasta From Scratch