- 1 leg of lamb, on the bone
- 10 salted anchovy fillets
- 12 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 200ml dry white wine
- 500ml stock, made with Essential Cuisine’s Concentrated Lamb Stock
- Preheat the oven to 110°C/Gas ¼.
- Use a sharp knife to score the fat, making small slits all over the lamb. Insert the garlic and anchovies into the slits.
- Using a little olive oil, brown the lamb in a hot roasting tin placed onto the hob. Once browned, remove the lamb from the tin and set aside.
- Soften the vegetables in the roasting tin, adding a little more olive oil if required, then add the wine, increase the heat and boil for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Place the lamb back into the roasting tin, add the stock and cover with foil.
- Cook for 7 hours, checking occasionally: add a little water if necessary so the pan doesn’t dry out.
Tip: Best served with new season Jersey Royal or Lincoln potatoes and tender green vegetables.
Recipe kindly supplied by Essential Cuisine.
Mexican Pull-Apart Pork
Barbecued American-Style Pork Ribs
Shredded Beef Tacos
Herby Toad-in-the-Hole with Red Onion Gravy
Wendy’s Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney