- 1 leg of lamb, on the bone
- 10 salted anchovy fillets
- 12 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 200ml dry white wine
- 500ml stock, made with Essential Cuisine’s Concentrated Lamb Stock
- Preheat the oven to 110°C/Gas ¼.
- Use a sharp knife to score the fat, making small slits all over the lamb. Insert the garlic and anchovies into the slits.
- Using a little olive oil, brown the lamb in a hot roasting tin placed onto the hob. Once browned, remove the lamb from the tin and set aside.
- Soften the vegetables in the roasting tin, adding a little more olive oil if required, then add the wine, increase the heat and boil for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Place the lamb back into the roasting tin, add the stock and cover with foil.
- Cook for 7 hours, checking occasionally: add a little water if necessary so the pan doesn’t dry out.
Tip: Best served with new season Jersey Royal or Lincoln potatoes and tender green vegetables.
Recipe kindly supplied by Essential Cuisine.