- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg yolks, sieve in the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add enough milk to make a soft dough and bring together with your hands. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to approx. 1cm thick. Use the cookie cutters to cut out as many cookies as possible. Re-roll any leftover dough and stamp more cookies. Transfer to the lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until slightly golden, then leave to cool on a wire rack.
Once they’re cooled, you can munch them as they are, or decorate them following the instructions below.
To decorate (optional)
Roll out your chosen icing to 4-5mm thick and stamp it out using the same cutters you used for the biscuits. Brush the back of the icing with water and place on top of the cookies, pressing on gently with your fingers. For icing details like eyes and bunny noses, shape small amounts of icing with a craft knife or between your fingers, and fix into place with a dab of edible glue.