- 200g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Gold and Silver Edible Silk Metallic Lustre
- Place the white chocolate into a bowl set over a pan of very hot (but not boiling) water, ensuring the bowl is not in direct contact with the water. Melt the chocolate slowly, stirring occasionally until completely melted, then turn off the heat and allow the bowl to cool a little.
- Place the egg mould on a tray, fill with the white chocolate and scrape with a palette knife to create a smooth level surface.
- Allow the chocolate to set for half an hour in a cool place before turning the eggs out onto parchment paper.
- Repeat the process using the dark chocolate and then stick the egg halves together with a dab of melted chocolate.
- To decorate,use a small paintbrush to coat the white eggs with gold or silver lustre to give them a luxurious finish.
Tip: Drizzling with a little melted chocolate of the opposite colour before applying the lustre gives the eggs a really professional touch.