For the loaf cakes
- A little melted coconut oil, for greasing
- 225g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 200g carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 50g raisins
- 225g cream cheese
- 30g icing sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- Sugar carrot decorations
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease the bases and sides of the mini loaf tin holes with a little melted coconut oil.
- Sift the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and mixed spice into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar and grated carrots.
- Mix together the orange juice, beaten eggs, vanilla extract, coconut oil and raisins. Stir into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Share the mixture evenly between the holes of the mini loaf tin. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out carefully and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To decorate, mix together the cream cheese, icing sugar and orange zest and spread over the cooled cakes. Finish each little loaf with sugar carrot decorations.
Tip: You could use melted butter instead of coconut oil, if you prefer.