- 250g butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 250g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200g Vanilla Flavour Frosting
- 300g desiccated coconut
- 95g white ready-to-roll icing
- 20g pink ready-to-roll icing
- 5g black ready-to-roll icing
- A few dried thin rice noodles
For the cakes
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/Gas 3. Lightly grease the cake pans.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs then fold in the flour and baking powder and transfer the mixture to the tins. Bake the individual cakes for 15-20 minutes and the medium for 30-40 minutes. Leave in the tins until completely cool.
- To make the large bunny, trim 5cm from the side of one of the individual cakes, apply a small amount of frosting and push together with medium cake. For the small bunny, form a small ball with 75g of white icing and flatten it to a hemisphere shape before joining it to the other individual cake with a small amount of frosting.
- Cut two large and two small ear shapes out of the white icing, then cut slightly smaller ear shapes out of the pink icing. Brush the white ears with a little water and press on the pink inners then attach to the heads of the bunnies with a little frosting.
- Cover the bunnies all over with the remaining frosting and sprinkle with most of the coconut. Pat down the coconut to secure it in place and sprinkle over the remaining coconut to create a fluffy texture.
- Cut eyes from the black icing, brush the backs with a little frosting and press gently on to the faces then add a small pink icing triangle nose to each bunny. Finish off by pushing short pieces of noodle gently into the frosting to create whiskers.
Tip: To create the grass, roll out green ready-to-roll icing and feed it through the spaghetti blade of a pasta machine for the perfect lawn.