- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 4 large eggs
- 50g feta cheese, crumbed
- 150g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread
- Put the olive oil into the pan of the Remoska Tria with the onions, garlic and peppers, stirring them to coat. Add the lid with the window, plug in and switch on. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Set the lid to one side while you add the cumin seeds, chilli powder, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and parsley, stirring well. Season, then replace the lid and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, set to one side and stir the mixture thoroughly, then make four spaces among the ingredients. Crack the eggs into these spaces and replace the lid. Cook for a further 5-6 minutes to set the eggs.
- To serve, crumble the feta cheese on top and sprinkle with extra parsley. Season with a little extra black pepper. Put the yoghurt into a bowl and sprinkle with a little chilli powder. Serve alongside the shakshuka with the crusty bread.
Tip: This is a great dish to enjoy when you’re on your travels in a caravan or camper van – easy, economical and very tasty!
Spiced Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bake for Remoska Tria
Rosemary, Red Onion & Parmesan Focaccia for Remoska Tria
Classic Goulash for Remoska Tria
Malted Mixed Grain Loaf for Remoska Tria
Lemony Chicken Soup with Leeks and Barley for Remoska Tria
Lamb, Aubergine & Orzo Casserole for Remoska Tria
Easter Egg Chocolate Puddings for Remoska Tria
Bakewell Peaches with Blueberries for Remoska Tria