- 500g of EasiYo Greek Style yogurt
For the Savoury Yogurt Cheese
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Sweet Style Yogurt Cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of orange zest
- Place a sieve over a bowl and line the inside with a generous piece of muslin or a new kitchen dish cloth.
- Pour the yogurt into the lined sieve and secure the cloth around to make a ball, twisting the top to extract the liquid (whey).
- Leave in the fridge overnight or longer, squeezing and twisting occasionally. The longer it drains the firmer the cheese will be.
Try the savoury cheese on bagels with smoked salmon, micro greens and capers, avocado and ham, or vine tomatoes and basil.
For sweet versions try strawberry or fruit jams or sliced banana and drizzle over honey. it’s great on scones or muffins and toasted fruit bread too.
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Beanburgers
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli