For the dough balls
- ½ tsp fast action yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for pan
- ½ tsp sugar
- 65ml warm water
- 100g strong white bread flour, plus more for dusting
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 30g firm mozzarella, cut into 1cm cubes
For the herb butter
- Stir the yeast, olive oil, sugar and water together, then mix into the flour and salt to form a rough ball. On a floured surface knead for 3-4 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place into an oiled bowl, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Knead the dough briefly again and divide into 7. Roll each piece into a ball, pushing a cube of mozzarella into the centre. Pinch the dough to seal in the cheese.
- Put the balls into the well-oiled Dumpling Pan. Cover lightly with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/Gas 7.
- For the herb butter, melt the butter then add the crushed garlic and parsley off the heat. Season well.
- Uncover the dough balls and brush with a third of the garlic butter. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Brush with the remaining butter and serve straight away.
Prue Leith’s Chicken Schnitzel with Gremolata
Prue Leith’s Cinnamon Sugar Popovers with Sweet Pumpkin Compote
Prue Leith’s Thai Prawn Cakes with Crunchy Rice Salad
Prue Leith’s Indian Chickpea Pancakes with Chicken Bites
Prue Leith’s Falafel Wraps with Beetroot Hummus & Pickled Carrots
Prue Leith’s Egg Hoppers
Prue Leith’s Paneer Curry
Prue Leith’s Aebleskiver with Dark Chocolate