- 4 large Lebanese flat breads
- 520g store bought hummus
- 600g lamb mince
- 1 heaped tablespoon dried mint
- 2 generous tablespoons honey
- 1 heaped tablespoon ras el hanout
- 80g pin nuts
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- yoghurt, sumac, lemon wedges and mint leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the flatbreads on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Spread the breads with hummus leaving a 2cm border.
- Combine the lamb, mint, honey, ras el hanout, pine nuts, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the hummus. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until the lamb is golden and cooked through.
- Top with the yoghurt and sprinkle with the sumac and mint leaves. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Re-style – Once you’ve got the hang of this recipe, transform your tart for a special occasion with Donna’s simple ‘re-style’ tips:
Fold over handheld snack, fold over the tarts before baking for 14 – 16 minutes. Serve with the toppings on the side.
Bite-sized finger food, make the tarts on rectangular thin flat breads. Cut into small squares and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with a little of the topping on each square.
Text copyright (c) Donna Hay Pty Ltd 2014 Design copyright (c) Donna Hay Pty Ltd 2014 Photographs copyright (c) William Meppem Ltd 2014
Goat’s Cheese & Roasted Tomato Mini Cheesecakes
Spanakopita Lattice Pie
Roasted Butternut Squash, Courgette & Red Pepper Lattice Pie
All-Time Favourite Cheese & Onion Lattice Pie
Roasted Cauliflower, Beetroot & Stilton Quiche
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®