- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g plums, halved and pitted
For the batter
- 80g plain flour
- 20g icing sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g low fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar, for sprinkling
- Single cream or crème fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/Gas 7.
- Put the vegetable oil into a 10” x 8” Brownie Tin and add the plums. Transfer to the oven and bake for 5 minutes while making the batter.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl and add the icing sugar, salt, egg, milk, yoghurt and vanilla extract. Beat with a whisk to make a smooth batter (this will only take a few moments). Transfer to a jug to make pouring easier.
- When the plums have been cooking for 5 minutes, quickly pour the batter around them and close the oven door. Bake for another 22-25 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown – although this batter will not rise as much as a Yorkshire pudding.
- Remove from the oven, allow to settle for a couple of minutes, then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with single cream or crème fraiche.
Tip: Use whatever fruits are in season, such as apricots, apples or pears.
Panettone Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding
How to make the perfect Sticky Toffee Puddings
Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
Ooni’s Salted Caramel and Banana Pie
Cox’s Toffee Apple Crumble Cakes
Cinnamon Waffle Stack with Crunchy Peanut Brittle Ice Cream
How to make… the perfect Summer Berry Pavlova