- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g plums, halved and pitted
For the batter
- 80g plain flour
- 20g icing sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g low fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar, for sprinkling
- Single cream or crème fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/Gas 7.
- Put the vegetable oil into a 10” x 8” Brownie Tin and add the plums. Transfer to the oven and bake for 5 minutes while making the batter.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl and add the icing sugar, salt, egg, milk, yoghurt and vanilla extract. Beat with a whisk to make a smooth batter (this will only take a few moments). Transfer to a jug to make pouring easier.
- When the plums have been cooking for 5 minutes, quickly pour the batter around them and close the oven door. Bake for another 22-25 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown – although this batter will not rise as much as a Yorkshire pudding.
- Remove from the oven, allow to settle for a couple of minutes, then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with single cream or crème fraiche.
Tip: Use whatever fruits are in season, such as apricots, apples or pears.
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds
The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe
Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel Crème Brûlée