- 100g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 25g raisins
- 25g dried apricots, chopped
- 25g glace cherries, chopped
- 20g almonds, finely chopped
- 150g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 30g ratafia biscuits, crushed
- 150g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- A few almonds, sliced into thin shards, to decorate
- Put the butter and golden syrup into a large saucepan and heat gently until just melted, taking care not to let the mixture get too hot. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Add the raisins, apricots, cherries, chopped almonds, digestive and ratafia biscuits, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the holes of the mini morsel tin, using the pusher to help press the mixture down. Transfer to the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes.
- Put the dark chocolate pieces into a heatproof bowl. Position the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water until the chocolate has melted, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the chocolate on top of the chilled bases, using a teaspoon to spread it evenly. Sprinkle with thin shards of almond and return to the fridge for about 30 minutes. Once fully set, remove from the tin and serve.
Tips: This recipe can be made without the ratafia biscuits – just use 180g digestives in total. Will keep, covered in the fridge, for up to a week.