- 130g blanched almonds or hazelnuts
- 75g medjool or soft dates, pitted
- 125g soft pitted prunes
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder, plus extra
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter or light olive oil
- 85g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa content, broken into squares
- Preheat the oven to 200°/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Spread the almonds or hazelnuts on a baking tray and pop them in the oven for 8–10 minutes until golden.
- Place the dates, prunes and 100g of the toasted nuts into a food processor and blitz them until finely chopped. Add the cocoa powder, honey and almond butter or olive oil and process again until combined.
- Roll the mixture into small bite-size balls slightly smaller than a walnut. Place them on a tray lined with baking paper and pop them in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water – don’t allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water – or in the microwave in short bursts. Finely chop the rest of the nuts.
- Stick a cocktail stick into each ball, dip it in the melted chocolate and then place it on a wire rack. Sprinkle some of the truffles with the chopped nuts and dust the rest with sifted cocoa powder or leave them plain.
- Leave the truffles to set for 15–20 minutes in the fridge before serving them.
P.S. Go on, have a go – these are way easier than you think and you’re totally going to love them!
Recipe taken from Davina’s Sugar-Free In A Hurry. Published by Orion.