- 500g pork mince
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 tsp mustard powder
- 12 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs or cooked quinoa
- 1 egg
- 25ml whole milk
- olive oil spray (optional)
- lettuce leaves
- slices of tomato and onion (optional)
- salt and black pepper
Quick apple coleslaw
- 1 green apple, peeled and grated 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 14 small green or white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp créme fraiche or yoghurt
- 12 tsp Dijon or American mustard (optional)
- If you’re going to bake the sliders, preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7. Put the pork mince in a bowl with the oregano, garlic, mustard powder, fennel seeds, breadcrumbs or quinoa, egg and milk. Season with salt and pepper, then mix thoroughly ─ it’s easiest to do this with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 8 patties and flatten them very slightly. Place the sliders on a baking tray and bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes. Alternatively, spray a large frying pan or griddle with oil and fry or grill the sliders for 4─5 minutes on each side until they’re charred and cooked through.
- Leave the sliders to rest for a few minutes. Place each one on a lettuce leaf, add a spoonful of coleslaw and top with another lettuce leaf. Add slices of tomato and/or red onion if you like.
Quick apple coleslaw
- To make the apple coleslaw, mix the grated apple with the spring onions and cabbage and season with salt. Whisk the cider vinegar with the créme fraiche or yoghurt, and the mustard, if using, then stir this mixture into the apple and cabbage. If necessary, drain the coleslaw slightly before serving with the sliders.
Copyright © Davina McCall, 2016. Extracted from Davina’s SmartCarbs by Davina McCall. Published by Orion. Photographer: Andrew Hayes-Watkins
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Yorkshire Pudding Burger
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Spicy Meatball Popovers with Lemon & Chive Yoghurt
Yorkshire Pudding Wrap