- 250g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- Icing sugar to dust
- 400g dark chocolate (at least 70 per cent cocoa solids)
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 4 medium free-range eggs, plus 4 egg yolks
- 100g unrefined caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 8 white chocolate truffles or 8 small triangles of white Toblerone
- Cream to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease 8 x 175ml pudding moulds and dust with icing sugar, tipping out any excess. Stand the moulds on a baking sheet.
- Put the butter, dark chocolate and rum in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of gently simmering water. Melt together (don’t allow the base of the bowl to touch the water), stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolks with the caster sugar for about 5 minutes until really thick and fluffy, then carefully fold in the cooled chocolate mixture. Sift over the flour and fold in with a metal spoon.
- Divide half the mixture evenly among the 8 moulds, then place a white chocolate truffle or Toblerone triangle in the centre of each one. Pour over the remaining chocolate mixture, then cook for 12 minutes. Remove the puds from the oven and allow to stand for a couple of minutes, then carefully turn out each pud onto a plate. (Run a knife blade around the edge of the moulds to loosen, if necessary.) Serve immediately with cream, if you like.
Per pud: 694kcals, 48.3g fat (27.9g saturated), 9.1g protein, 56.6g carbs (51.3g sugars), 0.6g salt, 2.2g fibre
Panettone Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding
How to make the perfect Sticky Toffee Puddings
Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
Ooni’s Salted Caramel and Banana Pie
Cox’s Toffee Apple Crumble Cakes
Cinnamon Waffle Stack with Crunchy Peanut Brittle Ice Cream
How to make… the perfect Summer Berry Pavlova