- 2kg celeriac, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, quartered
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed & coarsely chopped
- 1.5 litres of water
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 125ml pouring cream
- 4 tbsp fresh chervil leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Combine the celeriac, onion, garlic, celery, water and stock in a 4.5 litre slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low for 8 hours.
- Stand the soup for 10 minutes, then blend or process in batches until smooth. Return the soup to cooker and stir in the cream. Cook, covered, on high until hot, season to taste.
- Serve into bowls, sprinkle with chervil and drizzle with olive oil.