- 2 courgettes
- Sea salt
- Whites of 2 large eggs
- 500ml vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 bulb sweet roasted garlic
- 2 heaped tbsp self-raising flour
- 1 handful fresh mint
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Chop or grate the courgette into a bowl, add a pinch of sea salt and leave to one side.
- Put the egg whites into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Remove the core of the roasted bulb of garlic and squeeze the flesh into the egg whites like a tube of tooth paste.
- Scoop the courgette into your hands and squeeze out as much liquid as you can then add to the egg whites, followed by the flour, chopped mint and lemon zest.
- Season with a little black pepper and using a metal spoon carefully stir together.
- Heat a pan with the vegetable oil to about 5cm deep.
- To test if it is hot, drop a tiny bit of the mixture into the oil to see if it starts to cook.
- When ready, lower a portion into the oil, it will float like an iceberg, give it a minute then carefully turn it over to cook on the other side.
- When cooked lift them out on to some kitchen towel to drain.
- Transfer to a serving dish and season with a little salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Beanburgers
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli