- 300g asparagus spears
- 25g unsalted butter
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 100g smoked trout
- 2 Cotswold Legbar eggs
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus spears. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the asparagus and season lightly. Cover and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Wrap the trout pieces in clingfilm and flatten with a rolling pin until they are roughly the same thickness.
- Remove the clingfilm, cut into strips and wrap around the stems of the asparagus.
- Soft-boil the eggs and serve with the asparagus soldiers’.
Tip: We used Cotswold Legbar eggs but you could use any medium free range egg.