- 400ml canned coconut milk (preferably not reduced fat)
- 250ml carton coconut cream
- 1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste
- 80g caster sugar
- 3 medium bananas
- Toasted coconut flakes, to serve
- If using our Digital Ice Cream Maker, make sure that you put the bowl into your freezer at least 12 hours in advance.
- In a large jug, mix together the coconut milk, coconut cream, vanilla bean paste and sugar. Chill in the fridge for an hour. Meanwhile, slice one banana and put the slices into a freezer bag in a single layer, then freeze.
- When the coconut milk mixture has chilled, mash the two remaining bananas and mix them in thoroughly.
- Set up your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Turn on the power and set the timer for 25 minutes. While the machine is switched on with the paddle turning, pour the mixture into the freezer bowl.
- When the churning is complete, remove the ice cream from the bowl with a plastic spatula and put it into a freezer-safe container. Transfer to your freezer for a further 30-40 minutes to firm up.
- Serve topped with the frozen banana slices and toasted coconut flakes.
Tip: If you don’t have time to chill the ingredients before churning, set the timer for 40 minutes.