- 200g strong plain flour, plus extra to dust
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Mix the flour with the egg and yolks, olive oil and salt. If too dry, sprinkle with a little water if too sticky, add a little flour. Divide the dough into four equal portions, wrap in clingfilm and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a pasta machine, gradually roll each piece until you have thin sheets of pasta, dusting the pasta with flour if needed between each pass through the machine.
- Attach the tagliatelle cutter to your pasta machine, roll the pasta through it and then hang the pasta strips to dry on a rack for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- To cook, place the tagliatelle ribbons in boiling water for approx. 4 minutes.
Tip : If you prefer to freeze, form into small nest shapes and place in a heavy-gauge bag – no need to dry first.