- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1kg lean braising steak, cut into chunks
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 200g closed cup mushrooms, halved
- 2 tbsp paprika
- Generous pinch mild chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 2 beef stock cubes, dissolved in 400ml hot water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp cornflour, blended with 3 tbsp cold water
- 100g fresh soured cream or thick Greek-style yoghurt
- Place the pan of the Remoska on the hob and heat the vegetable oil on a high heat. Add the braising steak a few chunks at a time, cooking for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Reduce the heat and add the onions, garlic, peppers, carrots and mushrooms, stirring to combine. Stir in the paprika, chilli powder, tomatoes, tomato purée, parsley and stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fit the SoftPressure lid into position, following the instructions in the manual. Turn the heat to high, until there is a steady flow of steam coming from the pressure valve. Immediately turn the heat to low and cook for 1 hour.
- Using an oven glove, remove the SoftPressure lid following the instructions. Stir the blended cornflour into the goulash and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Serve the goulash topped with soured fresh cream or Greek-style yoghurt and extra chopped parsley.
Tip: Potatoes go so well with goulash – take your pick from mashed, boiled or baked.
Spiced Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bake for Remoska Tria
Rosemary, Red Onion & Parmesan Focaccia for Remoska Tria
Malted Mixed Grain Loaf for Remoska Tria
Lemony Chicken Soup with Leeks and Barley for Remoska Tria
Lamb, Aubergine & Orzo Casserole for Remoska Tria
Easter Egg Chocolate Puddings for Remoska Tria
Bakewell Peaches with Blueberries for Remoska Tria
Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding for Remoska Tria