- 50g unsalted butter, plus a little extra for greasing
- 8 slices fruit loaf
- 3 tbsp Claire’s St Clements Marmalade
- 250ml whole milk
- 50ml double cream
- 3 eggs
- 50g golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Lightly butter an 18 x 23cm baking dish.
- Butter the slices of fruit loaf on one side, reserving a quarter of the butter, then spread 4 of the slices with 2 tbsp of the marmalade. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread to make 4 rounds of sandwiches.
- Spread the leftover butter on the top of each sandwich and cut each one into quarters. Arrange butter side up in the dish, overlapping each triangle and standing almost upright.
- In a jug, whisk the milk, cream, eggs and sugar together and pour over the bread.
- Top the bread that is standing proud with the remaining marmalade and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pudding has puffed up and the crusts are golden brown and crunchy.
Tip: This pudding is delicious eaten hot or cold with custard or pouring cream.
Panettone Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding
How to make the perfect Sticky Toffee Puddings
Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
Ooni’s Salted Caramel and Banana Pie
Cox’s Toffee Apple Crumble Cakes
Cinnamon Waffle Stack with Crunchy Peanut Brittle Ice Cream
How to make… the perfect Summer Berry Pavlova