For the waffles
- 250g plain flour
- 9g baking powder
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 5g salt
- 400ml whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 30ml vegetable oil
For the waffles
- 200ml greek yoghurt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 20g caster sugar
For the topping
- 8 rashers streaky bacon – pan fried
- 4 nanica bananas
- 50g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g pecan nuts, toasted
- Maple syrup to taste
- For the waffles place all the dry ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse adding the eggs one by one.
- Add the milk and oil and pulse again until combined then place the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes before use.
- Turn the Waffle Maker on, once the green indicator light turns on place a ladle of the batter into the centre of each grid.
- Close the lid and lock then leave to cook for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
- For the vanilla yoghurt cut the vanilla pod lengthways and take the seeds out then place into a bowl. Add the sugar and leave to infuse for 2 minutes. Whisk the vanilla sugar into the Greek yoghurt.
- Whilst the waffles are cooking place the butter into a frying pan over a high heat until the butter has melted.
- Reduce the heat and add the sugar. When the sugar starts caramelising place your bananas (peeled and cut lengthways) on top and cook for approx 1 minute.
- When the bananas have a nice golden brown colour turn over and cook on the other side for another 15 seconds.
- Serve the cinnamon waffles and top with the banana, cooked bacon, vanilla yoghurt, toasted pecans and maple syrup.
Panettone Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding
How to make the perfect Sticky Toffee Puddings
Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
Ooni’s Salted Caramel and Banana Pie
Cox’s Toffee Apple Crumble Cakes
Cinnamon Waffle Stack with Crunchy Peanut Brittle Ice Cream
How to make… the perfect Summer Berry Pavlova