- 75g (3oz) dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp of water
- 125g (5 oz) icing sugar
- 125g (5 oz) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 125g (5 oz) walnuts, or hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g (2 oz) plain flour
- 15g (½ oz) yeast dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water
- Pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate in two tablespoons of water over low heat (or in microwave) and cool.
- Cream together sugar and butter, add yolks, chopped nuts, chocolate and plain flour. Finally fold in stiffly beaten egg whites, pinch of salt and yeast dissolved in one tablespoon of warm water.
- Pour mixture into buttered and floured 20cm (8″) springform cake tin stand in the Remoska lined with Magic Non-stick Liner to prevent tin scratching the base and bake for approx 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool, transfer onto a platter and dust with icing sugar. May also be decorated with whipped cream.