- 225g soft margarine
- 110g dark chocolate
- 400g caster sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 4 beaten eggs
- 100g walnut pieces
- 170g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- ½tsp baking powder
- Melt the margarine and chocolate together.
- Remove from the heat, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract, eggs and walnut pieces.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder, and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into two lightly greased brownie/traybake tins.
- Bake in a moderate oven (160°C/320°F) for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.