- 175g dark chocolate
- 175g caster sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 level tbsp cocoa, sifted
- 500ml double cream
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 200g fresh raspberries, reserve 6-8 to decorate
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Place the sugar and egg yolks into a bowl and whisk until light and creamy. Add the cooled chocolate and stir until evenly blended.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large mixing bowl until stiff. Stir a large spoonful of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture mix gently, fold in the remaining egg whites, then the cocoa.
- Turn the mixture onto the Lakeland Swiss Roll Tin and gently level the surface. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Place a sheet of baking parchment on top of the roulade, then put a damp tea towel on top of that and leave until cold.
- Whisk the cream until it just holds its shape. Remove the tea towel and parchment from the top. Dust a large piece of baking parchment with icing sugar and carefully turn the roulade onto it.
- Spread with the whipped cream, arrange the raspberries in lines from one end to the other and roll up like a Swiss roll, using the baking parchment to help. Don’t worry if it cracks slightly, that’s part of its charm!
- Place the 2 tbsp of icing sugar in a small bowl add 1 tbsp of water at a time, mixing, until smooth and syrupy then drizzle over the roulade. Half the reserved raspberries and place on top of the roulade. Finish with a dusting of icing sugar.
Panettone Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding
How to make the perfect Sticky Toffee Puddings
Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
Ooni’s Salted Caramel and Banana Pie
Cox’s Toffee Apple Crumble Cakes
Cinnamon Waffle Stack with Crunchy Peanut Brittle Ice Cream
How to make… the perfect Summer Berry Pavlova