- 170g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 200g butter
- 380g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 300g dark chocolate chunks
- 40g liquid glucose
- 170g strong white bread flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas 3 and grease the tin with Cake Release.
- Melt the chocolate squares and butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar until well mixed.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the vanilla, nuts and chocolate chunks. Stir in the liquid glucose, add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 50 minutes in the centre of the oven. A skewer should come out slightly sticky, not clean, otherwise the brownies will be dry and overcooked rather than fudge-like.
- Remove from the oven and leave the tin to cool on a wire rack, then follow the portion guides to cut into 20 identical-sized pieces.