- 150g red chillies, stalks removed, deseeded and roughly chopped.
- 150g red peppers, stalks removed, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 750g jam sugar
- 300ml cider vinegar
- 500ml water
- 1 whole red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced into rings
- Sterilise the jars. Place the chopped chillies and the peppers in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Warm the sugar, vinegar and water in a small jelly pan until the sugar dissolves. Add the chilli mixture, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to drain over a large bowl without pushing it through the strainer as this will make your jelly cloudy. Return the liquid to the clean jelly pan, bring to the boil and cook rapidly until syrupy.
- Ladle the jelly into the jars, adding a few chilli rings to each. Seal the jars, cool completely then label and store in a cool, dry place.
Tip: Sterilising jars will make your food last longer. Preheat the oven to 130°C/Gas 1 and, making sure they don’t touch, lay the jars on their side on the shelves then leave for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, place them on a heat-resistant surface and fill whilst still warm. If filling with a cold product, cool the jars first to prevent the jars breaking.