- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750g minced beef
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 250ml beef stock
- tomato paste
- 820g canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 800g canned kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 6 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed
- Heat oil in a large frying pan cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add beef, cumin and chilli cook stirring until browned. Transfer to 4.5 litre slow cooker. Stir in stock, paste, undrained tomatoes and oregano. Cook, covered on low, 8 hours.
- Add beans cook, covered on high, about 30 minutes or until hot. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle chilli con carne with coriander, serve with tortillas and a dollop of soured cream.