- 2 cucumbers, peeled and deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 500g Greek or thick natural yogurt
- Large handful of fresh mint, leaves picked
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Warm flatbreads and olive oil to serve
- Coarsely grate 1½ cucumbers and finely dice the rest. Put the grated cucumber in a colander over a bowl and chill for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the garlic and chilli into the yogurt and season well. Finely chop the mint, reserving some small leaves to use as a garnish, then stir into the yogurt.
- Squeeze the moisture from the grated cucumber, then add the cucumber to the yogurt with the lemon juice and enough water to bring the mixture to a soupy consistency (about 250ml). Whizz until smooth with a hand blender or liquidiser. Chill until ready to serve.
- Scatter the diced cucumber and reserved mint leaves over the top. Serve with warm flatbreads and a drizzle of olive oil.
Per serving: 140kcals, 7.8g fat (5.3g saturated), 7.8g protein, 9.1g carbs (8.8g sugars), 0.5g salt, 1.6g fibre
Gently flavoured soups such as this one demand an equally subtle wine. Try a restrained Italian Soave or Alsace Pinot Blanc.è
Lemony Chicken Soup with Leeks and Barley for Remoska Tria
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo and Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt
Spring Vegetable Minestrone for the Remoska®