For the pancakes
- 150g chickpea (gram) flour
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 240ml water
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
For the chicken bites
- 2 chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tikka curry paste
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ green chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g grated courgette
For the tomato salad
- 3 medium tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of half a lime
For the raita
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp mango chutney
- A small handful of rocket leaves
- 4 tbsp Bombay mix
- For the pancakes, mix all the ingredients together except the water and oil, then make a well and gradually whisk in the water. Beat until smooth then rest the batter for 20 minutes.
- For the chicken bites, put the chicken in a food processor with all other ingredients except for the courgette. Pulse until the mix comes together. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the courgette. Shape with the Falafel Scoop into 20 bites, dipping the scoop into cold water between each bite. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix all the tomato salad ingredients together.
- Mix all the raita ingredients.
- Heat the Flat Pan on a medium heat and grease with a little oil. Pour in ¾ of a ladle of pancake batter and cook the pancake for 2 minutes, flip over and cook the other side. Remove the pancake and keep warm, loosely covered with foil. Repeat to make 4 large pancakes.
- Heat a little more oil in the Flat Pan on a medium heat. Fry the chicken bites in batches, turning them once, until golden and cooked through. Keep warm.
- To serve, divide the pancakes between 4 plates, spread each with mango chutney, then layer on the tomato salad, chicken bites, raita, rocket leaves and Bombay mix.
Prue Leith’s Thai Prawn Cakes with Crunchy Rice Salad
Prue Leith’s Cheesy Garlic Dough Balls
Prue Leith’s Falafel Wraps with Beetroot Hummus & Pickled Carrots
Prue Leith’s Egg Hoppers
Prue Leith’s Paneer Curry
Prue Leith’s Aebleskiver with Dark Chocolate
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood