- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp water
- 50g fresh root ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 150g fresh pineapple, chopped into small pieces
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a lidded frying pan or skillet, add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning halfway through to seal both sides. Increase the heat to high, add the water and put the lid on. Steam the chicken for 5-6 minutes until fully cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, coarsely grate the ginger and squeeze the juice into a blender, add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Reduce the heat to medium, pour the blended mixture over the chicken and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer, turning the chicken regularly to coat evenly, until the sauce forms a thick glaze.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and slice before serving
Tip: Serve on a bed of steamed rice accompanied by green vegetables such as asparagus, mange tout or pak choi. Serve any remaining sauce alongside to pour over the chicken.
Yakitori Mini Burgers with Wasabi Dip
Jerk-Spiced Chicken Drumsticks
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl