- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 stick lemon grass, bruised
- 1 star anise
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled & sliced
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 2 large carrots
- 100g rice noodles
- 100g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the spices and fry over a low heat for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, add the chicken breasts and simmer gently for 20 minutes. Lift the chicken breasts onto a plate. Strain the stock and return it to the pan.
- Top and tail the carrots. Secure a carrot onto the Vegetable Spiralizer and wind the handle to form spirals, using Blade B. Repeat with the second carrot.
- Bring the stock to the boil, add the noodles and broccoli and simmer for 3 minutes. Thinly slice the cooked chicken and add to the pan with the carrots and beansprouts. Bring to the boil and add the fish sauce and lime juice.
- Serve in warmed bowls, topped with the mint, coriander and red chilli.
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Lemony Chicken Soup with Leeks and Barley for Remoska Tria
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo and Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt