- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, copped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 80g sultanas
- 40g coarsely chopped pitted green olives
- 3 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Place stock and bay leaf in a frying pan bring to the boil. Add the chicken, reduce heat and poach for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool the chicken in the liquid remove from the pan and shred finely. Reserve 250ml of the poaching liquid and discard the remainder.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan cook onion, stirring until softened. Add garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, then add the sultanas and reserved poaching liquid.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in the olives and shredded chicken. Leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF. Grease two oven trays.
- Using a 12cm pastry press or cutter cut 24 rounds from the pastry sheets. Place pastry onto other side of press and spoon 1 level tablespoon of filling into centre. Fold press in half to seal and crimp the edges.
- Place on the trays and brush each with egg, then bake for approx. 25 minutes.
Goat’s Cheese & Roasted Tomato Mini Cheesecakes
Spanakopita Lattice Pie
Roasted Butternut Squash, Courgette & Red Pepper Lattice Pie
All-Time Favourite Cheese & Onion Lattice Pie
Roasted Cauliflower, Beetroot & Stilton Quiche
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®