- 130g dried brown lentils
- 130g dried red lentils
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 fresh long red chilli, finely chopped
- 750ml chicken stock
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, chopped coarsely
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500g pumpkin, coarsely chopped
- 270ml coconut milk
- 155g baby spinach leaves
- 6 tbsp fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- Rinse lentils under cold water until water runs clear drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan cook onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, until onion softens. Add spices and chilli and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Pour stock mixture into 4.5 litre slow cooker stir in chicken, tomatoes, pumpkin and lentils. Cook, covered on low for 7 hours.
- Stir in coconut milk cook, covered, on high, for 15 minutes. Stir in spinach and coriander and season to taste. Serve with chapattis and plain yoghurt.
Prue Leith’s Chicken Schnitzel with Gremolata
Thai Red Chicken Curry
Bubble & Squeak Turkey and Ham Pie
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Prue Leith’s Chicken Karahi
Lemony Chicken Soup with Leeks and Barley for Remoska Tria
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon