For the curry
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1-3 fresh red chillies, finely sliced
- 800g chicken breast, chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500ml Essential Cuisine chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes, quartered and deseeded
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
For the chapattis
- 150g wholemeal chapatti flour, plus extra for dusting
- 80ml cold water
- 125g butter or ghee, melted
- Heat the oil in the kadai over a medium heat. Add the onions and cinnamon stick and cook gently for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Add the garlic, salt, spices, chillies and chicken. Stir continuously for about 5 minutes then add the tomatoes and stock. Stir well and cook on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the chapattis. Place the flour in a large bowl then gradually add the water, mixing with your fingertips to make a soft dough. Form the dough into a ball in the bowl, sprinkle the surface with water and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Check the curry and add salt or extra chillies if required. Add the tomatoes and three quarters of the coriander and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Divide the chapatti dough into 8 balls and press them flat. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a 15cm circle, about 2mm thick.
- Place a dough circle onto the hot chapatti pan and cook for about 30 seconds. Flip over and allow small blisters to form on the surface then fluff the chapatti by gently pressing and rolling the surface with the fluffer. Remove from the pan, spread with butter or ghee and keep warm in a clean tea towel while preparing the other chapattis in the same way.
- Remove the cinnamon stick from the curry and sprinkle the remaining coriander over the top before serving with the chapattis.
Yakitori Mini Burgers with Wasabi Dip
Jerk-Spiced Chicken Drumsticks
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl