- 225g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp liquid glucose
- 1 tsp cherry liqueur
- Small jar of maraschino cherries (you will need 20 cherries and some of the liquid)
- 400g white or milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- Place the Chocolate Mould in the fridge 20 minutes before starting.
- Make a fondant filling mix together the icing sugar, liquid glucose, cherry liqueur and 3 tsp of the liquid from the maraschino cherry jar, reserve.
- Place 50g of the chocolate into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Melt the chocolate very slowly, stirring all the time. Remove the chocolate from the heat.
- Take the mould from the refrigerator and fill a third of each shape with chocolate using a small paint brush, spread the chocolate up the sides of the shapes until all covered. Return the mould to the fridge for about 10 minutes. Once set, check to see if there are any gaps in the chocolate if so, fill them in with melted chocolate and chill again to set.
- Add a cherry to each chocolate and top with cherry filling, leaving space for a layer of chocolate. Refrigerate until the filling is firmer when firm to touch, melt the remaining chocolate and pour on top of the filling, so that it comes level with the sides of each shape and completes the chocolate.
- Return to the fridge for about 30 minutes until completely hardened. When ready, gently flex the moulds to release the chocolates and store in a cool dry place.
Tip : if you have any fondant filling left, it can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 month.