- 2 medium floury potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ small onion, sliced
- 1 tsp oil
- 480ml skimmed milk
- 40g cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- 55g bacon, chopped into small pieces
- A few sprigs fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Bake the potato for 1 hour until soft inside, wrap in foil to keep warm and turn off the oven.
- Fry the onion in the oil until soft but not brown. Roughly chop one of the baked potatoes and place in a food processor with the milk, cheese, onion, dill, rosemary and salt blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup into a pan, cook on a medium heat for 5 mins, season with black pepper. Meanwhile, fry the bacon pieces until crispy.
- Roughly chop the remaining baked potato. Divide the soup into four bowls and top with potato, bacon and sprigs of dill.
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo and Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt
Spring Vegetable Minestrone for the Remoska®
Chilled Cucumber & Yogurt Soup