- 30g butter
- 30g plain flour
- 400ml whole milk
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 100g mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 leek, cut into chunks
- Medium head of cauliflower, broken into equal-size florets
- Few thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ gas 6. Melt the butter in a wide-bottomed saucepan. When it foams, add the flour and stir for a minute. Gradually add the milk, stirring, until you have a smooth sauce. Bubble for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and stir through the cream and cheese. Season.
- Meanwhile cook the leek and cauliflower in a pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Spoon the leek and cauliflower into a serving dish, pour over the cheese sauce, mix and scatter with thyme. Bake for 30 minutes until bubbling and golden.
Nutritional info: PER SERVING Per serving: 352kcals, 25.9g fat (15.8g saturated), 15.4g protein, 14g carbs (8.1g sugars), 0.7g salt, 4g fibre
Wine Recommendation: Choose a Châteauneuf-du-Pape, or for excellent value, C´tes du Rh´ne-Villages
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Beanburgers
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli