- 450g granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp liquid glucose
- 200ml water
- 9 gelatine sheets, soaked in 140ml water
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 30g Drink Me Spiced Chai Latte
- Light vegetable oil for tray
- 2tbsp each icing sugar and cornflour, sieved for dusting
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Place the granulated sugar, glucose and 200ml water into a heavy-based saucepan and bring to the boil. Heat until a sugar thermometer shows 127°C, then remove from the heat. Add the soaked gelatine and water. Stir the mixture and pour into a heatproof jug.
- Place the egg whites into a clean bowl and whisk until they form stiff peaks. Continue to whisk the egg whites, and slowly pour in the sugar syrup mixture, whisking all the time until the whites are shiny.
- Place half of the mixture into a clean bowl, add the vanilla extract and set aside. Add the Chai Latte to the remaining mixture and continue to whisk for about 5-10 minutes until the mixture is thick and holds its shape on a whisk.
- Lightly oil the cake pan. Sieve together the icing sugar and corn flour and, using roughly a third of the mixture, evenly dust the cake pan.
- Spoon the vanilla mixture into the tray. Add the chai-flavoured mixture in blobs and, using a wet palette knife, gently swirl into the vanilla mixture to create a marbled effect. Level the top with a wet palette knife.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Lightly dust a work surface with a third of the icing sugar and cornflour mixture. Remove the cake pan from the fridge, gently loosen the edge of the marshmallow then turn onto the dusted work surface.
- Dip a sharp knife in a mug of just-boiled water, dry the knife and, while still hot, cut the marshmallow into squares. Roll the marshmallows in the remaining icing sugar and cornflour mixture to coat any sticky edges.
Tip: This can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week dust the inside of the container with icing sugar and cornflour before placing in the marshmallows.
Valentine’s Love Bug Cookies
Valentine’s Dipped Meringue Swirls
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Cake
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®