- 40g butter
- 2 large brown onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1.2kg cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 500ml water
- 300ml single cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan cook the onion, stirring, until softened. Add the garlic and, cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a slow cooker. Add the cauliflower, potato and water. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Blend the soup until smooth and stir in the cream, reserving a little to garnish. Cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes, until hot.
- Serve into bowls, garnish with a swirl of cream and sprinkle with black pepper and parsley.
Jerk-Spiced Chicken Drumsticks
Mexican Pull-Apart Pork
Barbecued American-Style Pork Ribs
Shredded Beef Tacos
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Essential Cuisine’s 7-Hour Leg of Lamb with Garlic & Anchovies
Slow-cooked Shoulder of Lamb with Chilli Jam & Rosemary
Spring Lamb Casserole with Minted Rice