- 1 bunch carrots
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 80 ml double cream
- Peel and slice the carrots.
- Heat the butter until it foams in a heavy duty pan.
- Add the carrots and a pinch of salt
- Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Remove the lid and add the vegetable stock.
- Bring the stock to the boil then add the double cream and reduce to a thick bubble.
- Remove the pan from the heat, transfer the contents to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste.