- 500g strong white flour
- 25g fresh yeast or 1 sachet dried yeast
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tsp salt
- Splash of olive oil
- 350ml warm water for the dough
For the fillings
- Sunblush tomatoes
- To make the dough, simply place the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Add the water a little at a time until you get a nice smooth dough. Cover with a tea towel and leave to prove for 30 minutes (or until it has doubled in size) and then knead it for a few minutes until it is smooth and easy to work with.
- Tear a piece of dough off, about the size of a golf ball.
- Dust the work surface with a little flour and roll out or use your hand to flatten it to about ½cm thick.
- Fill half the bread dough with your favourite deli items (my suggestions are above).
- Fold over the dough and seal the edges tightly together so the dough seals up.
- Place the calzone onto a baking tray and cook at 180°C for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Basic Pasta Recipe | How To Make Pasta From Scratch