For Caesar Dressing
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 salted anchovies
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 50ml warm water
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 200ml olive oil
- 200ml sunflower oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- few drops of Tabasco
- 1 litre sunflower oil
- 4 large eggs
- 250ml distilled vinegar
- iced water
- 1 small baguette cut into thin slices
- 4 cooked thin-link Cumberland sausages
- extra parmesan for shaving
- ½ small celeriac cut into thin strips
- mixed salad leaves
- Put all the Caesar dressing ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- The dressing will keep well for up to 10 days in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge at least 1 hour before using to bring to kitchen temperature and whisk.
- To poach the eggs, fill a large sauce pan ¾ full with water and add a good 250ml of distilled vinegar. Bring to a boil ─ DO NOT ADD SALT.
- Break the eggs into individual tea cups. Gently tip the eggs into the boiling water, put a lid on and bring back to a simmer. The eggs will have risen to the surface. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove carefully with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of iced water. Allow the eggs to settle for at least 5 minutes. Remove carefully and trim with a small sharp knife to remove any “frilly edges”.
- Keep refrigerated in a sealed container on a clean tea towel. The eggs will keep for 2-3 days.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a deep-sided frying pan.
- Drop in the baguette in small batches and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the salad leaves into a large bowl with 3 tablespoons of the dressing.
- Slice the sausages and toss in with the leaves and croutons.
- Arrange the eggs on top with some shaved Parmesan.
Vitamix Harissa Vinaigrette
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Warm Quinoa, Couscous & Feta Salad
Pink Grapefruit, Fennel & Rocket Salad
Warm Spiced Orange & Plum Fruit Salad
Warm Lentil & Seared Rosemary Lamb Salad
Ham Hock Caesar Salad